Friday, September 11, 2009

whatever

I seriously need boundries, I let everyone dictate to me how to do things. I look like a flake because I don't know how to say no to anyone. Even when I assert myself people just act as if they know I will break and I usally do. I end up letting someone down somewhere. Usually the people I care about.

I need to put my family first, my husband and son, but I need to put my job first because that is what helps my family to survive. It is all so hard to balance.

I am not a fan of the women's movement, I believe that a woman can do everything a man can, but does that mean they should. Women are the nurturers, they should be able to take care of their families needs at home. Making sure that the family is loved and they are physically and emotionally fed. Keeping the nest. The men are supplyers, They are put here to guide the family and provide for the family, keep it stable when female hormones are going nuts. Men as a rule don't think with emotions, which in life is sometimes needed. When they emotions are needed is when a woman can whisper in a mans ear and change his mind.

Women should be able to stay home with and for their family's and take care of them if she wants. When the womens movement was such a success women lost the right to properly care for their families. If that is progress, I poo poo on progress. When you jump on a bandwagon ladies think of this you may have the right to be an auto mechanic, but while you are wrenching away, think about the people you actually pay to love your children for you. They are getting all the joy from your children and you get them in the evening maybe for dinner and bedtime. You miss their magic. Progress.

I don't know how I went from bounderies to this, but oh well you know I my mind works

1 comment:

  1. And that is why I am glad that I have a job where I get to work from home :)

    I personally am a fan of the Women's Movement, in the sense that women should be viewed as equals to men. Women and men all have their different strengths and weaknesses. Just because a woman's strength differs from a man's strength doesn't mean they are the "weaker sex". Additionally, I like working and making my own money and paying my own bills because in my eyes, that's me surviving and providing for my family...and reassuring that if God forbid, anything was to happen to Ray, I know I can take care of myself and Dustin.

    I'd like to see any man juggle what most of us women do: work, laundry, grocery shopping, house errands, doctor's appointments, school (for me)...and all while taking care of our children who seem to have boundless amounts of energy :)

    I don't know what it is about your job that makes you feel you need to put your job before your family. I have found that, in my experiences, any job that makes you put them before your family is not a job worth having. I also do not know the situations that you deal with at work and home on a first-hand basis, but if you're that unhappy with things, you should do something to change it up :)

    Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete